Rexa Electrohydraulic Project
North America | Connection Systems
When an innovative new technology needed a boost, our cables provided a breakthrough.
To address a variety of limitations found in electrohydraulic actuators, REXA Inc. developed Electraulic™ Technology—but premium cable technology was needed to bring it to life. Thanks to Shawcor’s strong record of performance in this area, we were selected for the job, bringing a deep understanding of CSA-approved hazardous environment cable with us.
Due to unique system cabling requirements stemming from the actuators’ dependency on the employment of a DC stepper motor or an AC servo motor, we developed four harsh-environment cable designs: module, feedback, resolver and motor power cable. Each design specifically addressed power, control of the valves and instrumentation—enhancing the reliability, frequency response, dead time and resolution of the REXA actuators.
With short runs and custom lengths, custom configurations, sunlight resistance, and an FT4 rating, our fit-for-purpose cable designs ultimately enabled REXA to offer their clientele—primarily North American pipeline operators of offshore rigs, FPSOs, wellheads or processing facilities—a reduction in overall pipeline maintenance costs through improved pressure fluctuation control.
- Shell Stones Development Project
- Apache Julimar Project
- Jack St. Malo Project
- Atlantic Midstream Gathering System Project
- Papua New Guinea LNG Project
- Markwest Stack Pipeline Project
- Rexa Electrohydraulic Project
- Occidental Petroleum Pipe Project
- Chevron Wheatstone Coatings Project
- Chevron Wheatstone Inspection Project
- Tubular Asset Management Project
- Martrade Storage System Project
- Apache Julimar Coatings Project
- Magellan Midstream Bridgetex Pipeline Project
- Safe-T-Ground Insulated Cable Project
- Santos Pipeline Project
- Hiland Partners Double H Pipeline Project
- Black Gator Development Project
- Gasoducto Sur Peruano Pipeline (GSP) Project
- Pemex Project
- Nord Stream Project
- Al-Jalila Field Project
- Argentina GNEA Project
- Umm Lulu Project