Sealing and protecting against corrosion with high-performance adhesive-lined heat shrink.
Adhesive-lined heat shrink is most frequently applied on terminals, connectors and splices to provide an environmental seal to prevent moisture ingress which can affect electrical performance and initiate corrosion.
Adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing is a dual-wall cross-linked polyolefin tube that is extruded with an inner layer of adhesive. Upon recovery of adhesive-lined heat shrink, the inner layer of adhesive will melt and flow, encapsulating and bonding to the substrate, providing an environmental seal against moisture.
When selecting adhesive-lined heat shrink, the following options and requirements need to be considered:
- Shrink Ratio: 3:1, 4:1 or higher
- Operating Temperature: Up to 125C
- Flammability: Flame-retardant or non-flame-retardant
- Fluid Resistance: Review aggressive fluids, like diesel, that are used in the application.
- Component Design: Select a heat shrink tubing size that will fit over the component to be recovered and that has a recovered size that is smaller than the component's minimum dimension. To achieve an environmental seal, both product and process selection are critical. Please consult with Shawcor on component design so we can recommend the right product application equipment and process parameters.
- Industry Specifications: UL, CSA and AS23053 are common specifications that must be met.
This flexible heat shrink tubing has a temperature-resistant polyamide adhesive inner lining. It is ideal for protecting components in a wide range of electrical and mechanical applications where adhesion to connector and metal substrates is critical.
This adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing is ideal for effective moisture-resistant insulation.
This adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing is ideal for applications where both exceptional flame retardancy and environmental sealing capabilities are required.