Enabling high production girth weld inspection and digital radiographs with remote auditing capabilities utilizing Shawcor’s Remote Evaluation of Acquired Data During Acquisition (READDI) technology.
Shawcor's High Definition Real Time Radiography (HDRTR) system can replace traditional NDT methods and provide digital radiographs, enabling remote auditing (READDI), a safe working environment and simultaneous operations on-site.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY and MAXIMIUM EFFICIENCY
Our HDRTR uses a custom designed digital detector to acquire high quality images, which are interpreted using Shawcor’s proprietary iXHDRTR software. Acquisition of images is instantaneous with no processing time and data is stored in duplicate for archival and instant audit review utilizing Shawcor’s READDI. HDRTR systems are available in several configurations, using Single Wall Single Image and Double Wall Single Image (SWSI and DWSI), to suit a wide variety of pipe configurations between 2” – 60”.
- Expedited tie-in and HDD results (50% time saving typical)
- Directly acquired digital images versus long term storage and digitization of conventional radiographs
- Improved feedback to maintain control of welding process
- Minimal reshoots (Any additional time for reshoots does not impact client as they can be captured instantly)
REMOTE AUDITING CAPABILTIES READDI
READDI is a combination of technology used in the field and a cloud-based application that enables remote auditing of digital radiographs.
- HDRTR removes the need for chemical processing of films and waste disposal is minimal
- High collimation means smaller barrier distances and significantly reduced doses and risk to personnel. (100’ Gamma versus 25’ RTR X-ray)
- External equipment can be E-stopped, unlike conventional crawlers
- No requirements for gamma sources for exposure
- No requirement for gamma tracing on internal equipment
- Images are acquired in near real time allowing interpretation during exposure
- Equipment is designed to be mounted on a mobile or static platform
- Modular design allows fast repair, maintenance and adaptability in the field
- Highly stable software and component design allow use in harsh environments
- Ease of use and portability allow use in high production
- Reduced number of personnel required for operation of equipment
- Faster feedback for control of welding process
- Capability to inspect welds almost immediately post-weld
- May be used to inspect root pass, repair excavations, transitions and varied pipe wall thicknesses in one scan
- Highly sensitive digital detector and Shawcor developed iXHDRTR software provide superior image quality not just in comparison to film but also to other DR systems
- Digital images enable immediate clarification of debateable welds by remote experts
- Image archival and recall allows audit and review to be conducted with ease