Effectively locating surface-breaking defects in all non-porous materials
With more qualified and experienced technicians, Shawcor provides liquid penetrant testing services that provide our customers with a proper inspection the first time, every time.
Liquid penetrant testing (PT) is widely considered the most common non-destructive testing method, enabling our technicians to detect surface flaws such as hairline cracks, surface porosity and fatigue cracks on in-service components on a wide range of energy infrastructures. PT is a simple process where a liquid penetrant is applied to the surface of a part. Sufficient time is allowed (dwell) for the liquid to penetrate surface discontinuities. The excess penetrant is then removed and a blotter (developer) is applied, making the part ready to be evaluated.
Shawcor technicians follow meticulous, pre-approved PT procedures, ensuring quick detection of surface flaws. With our vast branch network, we can mobilize an inspection team to virtually any project location.
EXPERTLY TRAINED TECHNICIANS
Shawcor technicians ensure:
- All testing surfaces are properly cleaned
- Dwell time between the penetrant and test surface is sustained for the correct amount of time
- Excess penetrant is removed properly to allow the developer to work to its maximum effectiveness
- A thorough evaluation and interpretation of anomalies
- All penetrant and developer is removed before returning the asset to in-service