Digital radiographs for new construction girth weld and asset integrity imaging with remote audit capabilities.
Shawcor's Computed Radiography (CR) system has the ability to replace traditional NDT methods and provide digital radiographs enabling remote auditing, a safe working environment and simultaneous operations on-site.
Our computed radiography NDT uses imaging plates which reduce shot times 50-70% and we spend 80% less time developing film, making us more efficient and productive.
With our fully portable computed radiography NDT system, our technicians are able to mobilize to any location. Whether the project is located on a challenging ROW, gas plant, power plant, on the ground or elevated hundreds of feet in the air, the CR system meets your needs for the entirety of your operation.
HPX-PRO AND HPX-1
- Mobile system is capable of radiographing flat plate to large diameter girth welds in half the time of conventional gamma
- Fast image acquisition: processing time of 22 seconds per image plate, average of 1 min. per 3 shot weld
- CR system can be carried by hand and has the ability to go where mobile dark rooms cannot
- Suitable for use on .079” thickness to 1.5” thickness using IR-192, or SE-75
- High-resolution images for superior image quality
- Complete mobile auditing of film, view station on site for film review
- Smaller barricades, reduced radiation footprint ensures simultaneous operations and reduced downtime
- No chemical for processing film
- Reports and images are stored on a external hard drive or customer portal eliminating the need/cost for large temperature controlled film storage
EXPOSURE TIME SAVINGS
PROCESSING TIME SAVINGS
- Utilizing Weld Advisor™
- Productivity reports
- Mobile review of images
APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Remote monitoring and analysis
- Superior image quality
- CR technology can be utilized with internal pipeline crawlers
CODES AND STANDARDS
- Code work (ASME Section 5, Article II, Mandatory Appendix 8)
- API 1104 for filmless radiography ASTM will allow