High production radiography testing for pipeline girth weld inspection with capabilities ranging from 6" - 72" diameter
In a single exposure, our wide array of X-ray crawlers and highly-trained technicians provide radiographic imaging of the entire circumferential length of your pipeline girth welds— no matter how rugged the terrain.
With the capability to inspect pipe sizes between 6" - 72" diameter, our technicians can accurately detect anomalies on various types of pipeline systems, including gathering and transmission lines.
Shawcor is also well equipped to conduct inspections in any terrain through the use of JME Pipeline Crawlers and Technitest crawlers, which come equipped with two- or four-wheel drive systems to meet the demand of any terrain.
JME and TECHNITEST Crawler Systems
- Non-isotope control system ensures accurate positioning and unit command execution outside the pipeline
- Suitable for use for up to 1.57 in. (40 mm) of steel thickness
- Isotope (cesium) capability for heavy wall thickness
- Non-isotope tracking system improves transportation and crawler handling safety
- Dependable two and four-wheel drive systems for any terrain
- Reliable, robust construction for harsh operating conditions
- Travel speed of up to 39.37 ft. (12 m) per minute
- Accuracy of movement with 0.2 in. (5 mm)
- Variable and extendable wheel axles to ensure centering of the unit in the pipeline
- Utilize 160 KV to 300 KV X-ray tubes
100% REDUNDANCY ON LOCATION AT ALL TIMES
- Utilizing Weld Advisor
- Custom Built Trailers
- Productivity Reports
APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTIVITY
- High production weld analysis
- Leading crawler technology
- Largest capacity in North America