Shawcor Inspection Systems (SIS) provide a wide range of custom and standard products for the Non Destructive Testing and Examination (NDT&E) of a diverse array of materials.
- Raw materials, timber, powders, aggregates, etc.
- Material inspection during production, metal, plastics, timber products and paper
- Feedstock materials such as metal and plastic, billet, bar, rod and sheet.
- Material bonding and adhesives, liquid polymers and glues
- Composite materials, glass fibre, carbon fibre and mixed materials
- Advanced materials and structures, ceramics, honeycomb, foams and powders
SIS has the R&D resources to provide customized, unique solutions to x-ray research requirements. For example, we have developed a cost effective and high power pulsed x-ray imaging system for research into sub-millisecond events using real-time radiography.
This system is installed in University College of London (UCL), Dept. of Chemical Engineering’s x-ray facility and is being used to research the dynamic behaviour of fluidised beds. The new system offers considerable benefits over previously available equipment. The capability to image at 72 frames per second and with 200μs pulse widths is revealing detail not previously visible.