Shawcor achieves another important milestone in extending its capability to support operators and contractors in all regions of the world. Trials were just completed on Shawcor’s newest coating plant located in Serra, Vitoria, Brazil to support upcoming offshore developments.
The plant was built to support clients operating in the Campos Basin with developments to increase output by increasing the number of production wells from a new area which is not reachable with the existing platforms.
Shawcor's operations, engineering, HSE groups
Throughout construction and commissioning of the new plant, Shawcor deployed many people from operations, engineering, HSE, human resources, finance and accounting to support the Brazilian team in building this new business platform out of Vitoria.
Shawcor's 5LPP pipe coating application
Below is a timeline for the successful project:
- October to December, 2015 – Land preparation -25.000 M2
- January to December, 2016 – Construction of the plant buildings
- May to October, 2016 – Transport of the equipment – 53 trucks
- August to October, 2016 – Assembly of the cut back equipment
- November, 2016 to March, 2017 – Assembly of the insulation equipment
- April, 2017 – Commissioning of the plant with the Five Layer Polypropylene foam application on steel pipe
Shawcor's newest coating plant located in Serra, Vitoria, Brazil