Providing high-quality drill pipe and OCTG inspections, fabrication, machining and inventory management services to oil and gas operators across Canada and Mexico.
From the moment your pipe enters one of our facilities, you’ll receive complete end-to-end solutions for the entire scope of your pipe management needs. So rather than risk scheduling, safety, quality and budget by using multiple service companies that move your pipe several times, you can rest assured that your assets will remain in the same trusted, experienced hands throughout each service—and be completed on time, at the expected price.
With more than 20 integrated facilities throughout Canada and Mexico, as well as new portable plants and equipment for deployment around the world, Shawcor is strategically situated to provide outstanding, completely integrated service wherever your downhole drilling operation needs it. See how we can help optimize safety and uptime with the services below.
We provide more than 60 types of mobile- and plant-based DS-1 (Cat I to V) pipe inspection services, including EMI inspection, UT end area and slip area, MPI, refacing, hardband classification, hardness testing, and more than 25 dimensional measurements
Tubing and casing
We provide more than 70 types of mobile- and plant-based tubing and casing inspection services, including: EMI inspection, API full length drift, visual thread, UT weld inspection, hardness testing, bucking, I.D./O.D. cleaning, thread gauging and more than 17 dimensional measurements.
Bottom hole assemblies (BHA)
We provide more than 50 types of mobile- and plant-based DS-1 (Cat III to V) inspection services for collars, subs, heavy weight, downhole tools, kellys, etc., including black light end area, liquid penetrant, hardness testing, slotting/serializing, thread gauging and dimensional measurements.
Linepipe and mill production
Our services include UT weldline, MPI end area and hardness testing.
Handling tools and sucker rods
Our services include full body and end area MPI/EMI, MPI end area, computer-generated reports, and coupling removal and replacement.
Tubecheck on-site wellhead inspection systems
We use patented methods for high-speed, real-time detection of localized wall loss, longitudinal wall loss and wear, and thru-wall splits in used oilfield production tubing.
- Full computer control
- On-board diagnostics and high-resolution solid-state sensor systems for the most sensitive EMI inspection capabilities in the industry
- Automatic calibration in seconds
- Integrated well profile and inspection reporting
iLINE ASSET MANAGER
New to Shawcor Oilfield Asset Management in 2020, iLINE Asset Manager takes over where Yardview™ and RetroSpec™ started by providing both inventory management and historical asset information in one 24/7 accessible web-based location. Customers with access to Shawcor’s iLINE Customer Portal can expect to view not only the location or status of their inventory in real-time, but also a complete service history related to their assets.
For more information regarding what is possible with iLINE, click here.
- 24/7 online access, including through mobile device
- Access to all shipping & receiving manifests, including live notifications
- Several different inventory reporting capabilities, including the ability to export inventory information
- Refined inventory searches through more than 40 different asset attributes
- Full visibility into serialized assets, including precise location and transaction history
- Easy-to-use interactive analytical graphs for commonly searched items, including volume of manifests, jobs, and inventory
- Cradle-to-grave service history, including current state of each component
- Available wear-analysis chart that shows string wear from job-to-job, or over asset’s complete lifespan
- Customized reporting and service data exports
- Access to all current and historical service data reports at any time
- Visibility and access to invoice packages
- System database integration capabilities
REFACING AND STRAIGHTENING
Dual shoulder refacer
The introduction of the dual shoulder refacer has enabled Shawcor to provide our customers with industry-proven technology for precision refacing while decreasing trucking, machine shop and downtime costs by keeping your tubulars on location. Not only are we licensed for all of your proprietary connections, we also offer mobile refacing of high torque, extreme torque and double shoulder connections.
Cross-roll pipe straightener
For more than 35 years, our unique mobile pipe straightener has provided pipe-straightening solutions to the oil and gas industry, salvaging almost any bent pipe and effectively extending its lifespan.
MACHINING AND MANUFACTURING
Utilizing leading-edge CNC technology, our machining and manufacturing facilities provide high-quality oilfield thread repair, accessories and manufacturing to ensure the critical assets you depend on are always functioning reliably.
- Repair services for premium proprietary licenses, tubing, casing, API rotary threads, pup joints, crossovers and hangers
- Computer-controlled mobile- and plant-based hardbanders
- Sucker rod reconditioning, including the supply of new and used rods and the supply and installation of scrapers
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
- Shot peening
- All phases of grinding
- Manual lathes
- Manual mills
- Full welding capabilities
- Millwrighting services
LINED TUBING AND TUBING RECLAMATION
For applications involving water injection or disposal wells and heavy oil rod pumping wells, our industry-leading, systematic tubular reclamation approach installs our own state-of-the-art HDPE tubing liners for advanced utilization of production tubing. These enhanced downgraded tubulars are fully functional for maintaining production, helping you get more life out of your downhole assets.